2.13.2002

It's a bird! It's a plane!

aauuuugghhhhhh!!!!

Big news from vacation: I went skydiving! Yes, I jumped from a plane at 10,000 feet, with a free fall for 40 seconds, and I loved it. I was not under the influence of drugs, illicit or otherwise. I paid extra for photos and video of the jump and I've posted some of the images for you. They came out so great, and the video is awesome (with post-production including U2's Elevation and Beautiful Day). I was strapped to Mike (a wonderful guy) and Shelly (a wild woman) was the photographer.

I hemmed and hawed about doing it but finally gave in at breakfast that morning. My 2 sisters, Sheila and Mary, my brother Tommy, and his best man Chris also jumped that day. What a great time. I still can't believe I did it. It's difficult to describe the experience - the assault on your senses; the adrenalin rush; the gorgeous view of the Keys; the simple, quiet beauty of floating down through a cloud. I've certainly never experienced anything like it before.

I want to give a shout out to the folks at Sky Dive Key West (Mike, Shelly and Christian) - if you're ever in Key West or any of the lower Keys and you want to experience a major rush, stop by Sky Dive Key West - I highly recommend it!

(If you look closely at the last image, of Shelly, you can see my face on the video monitor behind her, lol!)

No comments: