7.06.2009

Bombs Bursting in Air


Fireworks, originally uploaded by gina64.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! Mine was very relaxing. We had family over on Friday night, I went to a friend's on Saturday night for a party and fireworks, and I got in some good pool time.

My mother gave me a Pentax Optio P70 for my birthday and I've been having fun with it. The camera has a fireworks pre-set built in, so I brought along my tripod to the party on Saturday night and I was very pleased with the shots I got. They're not amazing by any means, but I think they're pretty darn good. All credit goes to the camera!

You can see the full set here.

Fireworks

Fireworks

Fireworks

Fireworks

Fireworks

6 comments:

Beth said...

The photos came out great - I think my favorite is the sparkler, but the fireworks are so clear. I think my camera has a setting for them, too. I better check before I head to Disney...

gina said...

Thanks! My only advice would be to test the whole process out beforehand. At the party, I connected to camera to the tripod (a tripod is a must!) and took some test photos with the fireworks setting so I could time the shutter speed and have an idea of when I would have to click when I took the pictures.

Have fun at Disney - when are you going?

beth said...

We're going in October (less than 100 days now - woo!). We like to go for the Food & Wine festival, yum! Not sure we'll be bringing a tripod, though.

gina said...

That sounds like fun.

Ever hear of a gorillapod? It's a small, flexible tripod that you can fit in your bag. Just sayin'...

krys said...

LOVE them.

I was trying to take some while camping, but the people shooting them off only did a few. By the time I had everything ready and snapped a couple of photos, I realized I was focusing on the fireworks' *reflections* in the water. Dur. Not my finest moment. :\

gina said...

Oh, Krys. I'm sorry but, LOL! You must have been so bummed.

Thanks for the compliment :)