6.08.2010

Regarding those changes I was hinting about...

I'm starting a new blog.  This one won't be going anywhere, you will still be able to access all of the archived posts and I'm not sure I'm going to entirely abandon it just yet.  But as of right now, I will no longer be posting here.

The new blog is called My TV and Me, and the web address is http://mytvandme.wordpress.com.  As the blog title suggests, it will deal almost exclusively with television matters.   I would like to say that I decided to narrow the focus of the blog on my own, but in fact it's been happening for a while now. My online presence has become increasingly fractured by Facebook and Twitter - FB is where I post most of my photos and share funny videos and interesting news items with family and friends and Twitter, well, it's yet another diversion.  I have been a terrible blogger in recent months, and I'm hoping that starting all over, with a more specific focus, will light a fire under my ass.  It hasn't been an easy decision for me to make - I've had this blog since 2001 (!), and I'm not as fond of change as I would like to think I am - but I do believe it's time.  I chose Wordpress because of its behind-the-scenes functionality and cool designs.  And it's also free.

So, thank you for visiting thisisgina, whether this is the first time you've been here or you've been reading this blog for years.  Seriously, thank you :).

See you at my new site!

7 comments:

Beth said...

First, I get one heck of an error message when I click on the link to your new blog.

Second, I will miss the old blog but definitely will follow your new one. I'm glad I found you on FB! :)

Third, I hope I can still comment on the new blog without a wordpress, blogger, openid (etc) login.

Beth said...

Ok, where you wrote "my new site" that link works fine. It is the address link that doesn't work for me. Looks good!

gina said...

I fixed the first link. Sorry about that!

As far as I know, yes you can comment without opening an account. Let me know if you have a problem. I'm still learnin' the Wordpress way of things.

Anonymous said...

Gina, I'm glad we watch a lot of the same shows (not that I get to your blog as often as I would like). Wow, since 2001...you're dedicated ;)

See you at Wordpress!

~Holly

Unknown said...

Unknown said...

Nice article
more inspirational Christmas quotes for family

Anonymous said...

Now a day’s social media has become very popular for getting and transferred any information. Here I observed online presence has become increasingly fractured by Facebook and Twitter to share photos and funny videos. It is very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Apart from this article I learned Springdale clinic is the right place to take treatment on mental issues.