10.10.2002

This sniper case is growing more horrifying with every passing day. Now a man has been shot at a gas station in Manassas, VA, 30 miles southwest of DC. Ballistics have yet to link this shooting to the others, but I'd bet good money it's the same guy. What kind of a person does this? Obviously it's someone who needs to feel in control of and superior to others, but to be so methodical, so cold and calculating, so patient. From what I've read, the sniper is more concerned with proving his superiority over the police than he is with instilling fear in the surrounding population. That seems to be incidental at this point.

Well, incidental or not, abject fear would keep me housebound if I lived in the area, unwilling to leave for any reason except maybe if someone set the house on fire, and even then my ass would have to be catching.

No comments: