12.04.2002

I missed the premiere of SciFi's Taken, but I have last night's episode on the TV now. Have any of you been watching? It's been pretty good so far, although I won't be watching it since I work most nights and it's just too much for me to try to keep up with on tape. What I wanted to mentioned was how weirdly familiar it all is; yes, the story's themes of UFO abduction are familiar to me as a fan of The X-Files, but it's more than that. What with the Vancouver location shoots and local Canadian actors who have appeared in X-files episodes (so far I've recognized Philip Padgett, the guy from The List with no arms or legs, the guy from The Goldberg Variation), Taken is like The X-Files after Dorothy's tornado. I keep expecting to see the Cigarette Smoking Man standing in the corner of some smoky, high-level conference room dressed like the Scarecrow.

No comments: