3.17.2003

This war has been on mind constantly, as it has been for everyone. I haven't talked about it much here for a number of reasons - plenty of real-life concerns, for one; but mostly because I haven't been able to figure out where I stand on the whole issue. One of my personality traits is that I tend to see both sides of the story, and so I find it difficult to take a strong stand on many issues. I think war should be avoided whenever possible, but I am also realistic enough to know that sometimes a peaceful resolution can only acheived through war (ironically enough). I guess my problem is, is this one of those situations? Why are we so hot for this guy? I have yet to be presented with a justifiable reason for this war. I just don't think we've sufficiently made our case for going after this guy. I've heard all the reasons the Bush administration has put forward for invading Iraq yet I remain unmoved. For the most part. And the entire matter is further complicated by the fact that I am by no means a fan of this particular president or his administration. But I would like to think that if I thought this was a justified war I would support the cause despite my opinion of the president.

So I will hope and pray for a swift end to the war, for minimal loss of life, and although I may be confused as to whether I think we should be going to war, I will stand by those individuals who will be putting their lives on the line in the pursuit of a peaceful world.

No comments: