5.18.2003

My neglect of this place is now bordering on the criminal. I can't say that I've been all that much busier than I normally am; it's more a case of lack of concentration, I think. My mind's been a jumble for at least a week now, mostly due to the adjustment at work. Nothing I can't handle (I hope!), but it's a new place, new people (for the most part), and I'm handed at least one new project each day for which I have no experience. By the time I get home, I'm brain-dead. Which is a perfect state to be in for TV watching. Which I've been doing a lot of.

That, and going to the movies, where I saw, you got it, X2: X-Men United. I thought it was a great movie, equal to the first film in many ways and a fitting sequel. Wolverine is still my favorite mutant. My reasons are shallow, yes, but they are my reasons, so there. Sir Ian McKellen doesn't play as prominent a role in the movie as I would have liked, but you can't have everything, I suppose, especailly with such a large ensemble cast. I was so happy not to be spoiled for the ending, which I'm pretty sure isn't really an "ending". I need to see this again in the theater, but before then I have to see Matrix Reloaded. Have you seen it yet?

No comments: