5.08.2003

Pretty Girl

You know, we don't compliment each other often enough. I'm not talking about you and me; I mean strangers. A sincere compliment from a stranger can really brighten your day. It happened to me today. I was waiting outside of our office for one of the attorneys (we were going to the closing in his car) when an old gentleman walked out of the building. He turned to look at me, gasped slightly and said, "Oh my goodness." He then asked, "Do you mind if I sing a little song for you?" I was a little uncomfortable, but I said, "Sure." At that he lifted his chin and (very loudly) started to sing an old song, one I don't know, about a pretty girl. He told me that I had beautiful blue eyes and that the song was about me (immediately followed by a conspiratorial, "don't worry, I'm harmless" as he walked away). Whether I agreed with him or not didn't matter. I thanked him for making my day.

No comments: