9.15.2003

I fart in your general direction!!

So XF fans aren't the only freaks out there, huh? If we ever do get to England, Castle Doune should be on our itinerary.

I had a weekend overcrowded with get-togethers. Dinner on Friday night with friends; an engagement party on Saturday; and Zachary's 4th birthday party in Rhode Island yesterday. I am wiped out! It's just as well that I was out of the house for most of the time, though. When I was home and watching TV, there was no place on the dial where you were safe from mourning someone, or something. If it wasn't John Ritter, it was Johnny Cash, and if it wasn't either of them, it was a look back at the 11th of September. I caught the end of The Amrican Experience: New York on PBS last night. Former Mayor Ed Koch was crying as he told the story of a parent he met at the first annual memorial, and so was I. Mario Cuomo spoke eloquently, as usual, and his words offer hope. But my tears surprised me. I suppose it shows how close to the surface it all still is.

No comments: