4.29.2004

Home, Sweet Home

My father asked me last night how it felt to own my own house, and I told him it feels wonderful. I am bone-tired, my arms and legs look like they belong to Courtney Love, my brain may shut down at any given moment, but I feel wonderful.

There is still an immense amount of work to do, but we have accomplished quite a bit. The kitchen is nearly done being unpacked, and the new fridge and stove will arrive on Saturday. We set up the living room on Tuesday night - looks good. And I managed to set up my computer last night and configured a dial-up account to use until my DSL is transferred on May 4th. We've picked out a lawn mower at Home Depot; now we just have to get ourselves back there and buy it, along with a trimmer, before the grass gets up to my knees. I've even got a few hanging pots of flowers around the house.

So, things are progressing. I'd have been able to get even more accomplished if our office's router didn't completely die this weekend, making it necesary for me to come in to the office for 5 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday. Shit happens, I guess.

Can't wait to get home.

No comments: