4.02.2004

Police: Student changes abduction story: "The University of Wisconsin honor student who said she was abducted at knifepoint from outside her apartment has changed her account of the incident, Assistant Police Chief Noble Wray said at a Friday news conference."

I won't say "I told ya so" yet, but I'm not surprised at this turn of events. My theory on what happened? One of three things: 1) she suffers from sort of neurological or mental disorder that causes her to blackout, hallucinate, whatever; 2) there's something like Munchausen-by-Proxy going on here, and this is for sympathy and attention; or, and I think this is the most likely scenaro: 3) this "abductor/attacker" is someone she knows, is in a relationship with, and she's making up these stories to cover for the things he has done to her (like that weird February "attack" story to explain the black eye and bruised cheek she had). And I find it very hard to believe that she spent 4 days being held captive by this mystery assailant, yet she can only give the most vague description.

I'm glad that she's been returned unharmed; I just hope she's telling the truth.

No comments: