5.26.2004

A thrillingly reckless "24": "And on the third day mayhem ensued, and it was good: Jack swings a mean axe, loses the suspect for the umpteenth time and then weeps -- along, surely, with countless fans at home."

I really liked last night's finale. The show almost lost me mid-season, but once the virus was actually released, the show turned gripping (for the most part). Jack had a pretty bad day (I would say the worst one so far, but I think his wife dying at the end of Day 1 supercedes anything this season) - he was trying to kick heroin, he had to kill Ryan Chappelle, he broke up with his girlfriend, he broke a drug dealer out of prison, and he had to chop off the hand of his daughter's fiance with an axe (and those are only the things that I can remember right now). It's no wonder he was crying at the end. Seriously, I thought that was a touching, simple way to end the season, injecting a little reality into a fairly unrealistic show.

Good news: According to the article, Kim (along with Chase, Tony and Michelle) will not be a regular next season. Yay! I do hope that, while he will no longer be president, David Palmer will play a large role in the next season. I just like him.

No comments: