6.05.2006

American Idol

Here's another late post - hey, it was a busy couple of weeks! - and because of the delay, I won't do my usual recap of the show. It's not like there's any suspense involved at this point, and even though I took two and a half pages of notes, they're pretty sketchy and my memory does not serve me well, ever. So I will transcribe my notes for you instead. If I can decipher them.

Oh, yeah, before I start: Taylor won.

Carrie and Taylor and Kat and the rest of the Top 12 are all in white, singing I Made It Through The Rain...Carrie's gorgeous...

"better than Ryan" - what the hell did I mean by that?...

There's Ben Stiller again...and Heather Locklear

Videos about each judge...Randy: says the same thing all the time...Paula: gets so emotional, baby...Simon: feels himself up

The O'Donoghue Twins are in Alabama with tons of Hicks fans...Tamyra Gray is with McPhee fans...clever camera work

Paris and Al Jareau singing We're In This Love Together...she sounds hoarse, but good

Chris and Live... that's got to be cool for him...Ed's hot...Chris is really short

Puck and Pickler...oh brother

Meatloaf and Katharine...It's All Coming Back to Me Now...whoa! what's wrong with him...black dress is hot...(I read later on that he was suffering from incredible stage fright and thought he was having a heart attack. Well, I thought he was having one, too! He says he can't remember performing that night)

Oo, there's Angel with a little mini-Angel

First Annual Golden Idols...you've got to be kidding me...Dave Hoover...you're wasting our time!

Guys' Medley...Kevin, Chris, Ace (still sucks!), Elliot, Bucky...Taylor on harmonica

Claudette - Proudest Parent...that makes me happy

Rhonetta wins the Jackson Award...Ryan says Rhonetta couldn't be here tonight to accept her award because she's working...zing!

Taylor and Toni Braxton sing "In the Ghetto"...can hardly hear her...she's all over him and it's kinda sexy but kinda scary, too

Girls Medley (I think I took a cigarette break here)

Michael Sandecki wins the Golden Idol for Strangest Moment...God, he's going to sing...Hey, it's Clay!...I think Michael just messed himself

Burt Bacharach Medley...he wrote a LOT of songs...Covais sings "Puthy cat puthy cat, I love you", the funniest moment of the night...hey it's Dionne Warwick...she looks pretty good...doesn't sound so good, though, needs practice

Brokenote Cowboys...*yawn*...at least Garrett got to sing on the big stage

PRINCE...awesome, worth watching the whole thing for that moment alone

T & K sing I Had the Time of My Life...awkward but cute...let's get this over with!

Ryan says over 63 million votes were tallied, more than in any presidential election (where you have to be 18 and can only vote once, Ryan)...and the winner is...Taylor Hicks!

David Hasselhoff is crying!!

No comments: