7.14.2006

Where's Jack Bauer when you need him?

I am so aggravated right now.

So, I've been watching 24, right? FOX has been re-airing season 5 on Friday nights this summer with 2 back-to-back episodes each Friday night, starting on June 16. This was perfect - I wanted to see it, I have no shows for the summer and this way I don't have to wait for the DVDs. Fine.

I missed last Friday, which was 1:00-2:00 and 2:00-3:00. I downloaded them and watched them. That meant that tonight's two episodes should have been 3:00-4:00 and 4:00-5:00; but when I checked the listings last night, it said that they were 5:00-6:00 and 6:00-7:00.

Okaaay. So, I download 3:00-4:00 and 4:00-5:00 last night, watched one last night and the other I finished just before 8:00 tonight. I quickly turned on FOX and from the previouslies it was obvious that I had missed a LOT (they also gave away a LOT). So I hit the info button on the remote...they're airing episode 3:00-4:00 AM tonight!! That's episode 21 out of 24! Two episodes on each Friday since June 16 should bring us to episodes 9 and 10 tonight. What. The. F*ck.

I am SO pissed. I've turned the TV off and now I'm trying to decide if I want to bother downloading episodes or just wait for the damn DVDs.

I just don't understand what happened. Sonsabitches.

UPDATE: It seems I'm not the only one pissed off about this. I just went to the 24 boards and I'm not crazy - they did skip episodes. Two last week and 10 tonight. Apparently, the ratings were so low that they decided to pull most of the season and only air the last few episodes.

I'll be renting the DVDs.

No comments: