5.13.2009

This is the last LOST Spaghetti Day until probably January 2010!

As if you don't know already, the 2-hour season 5 finale of LOST is on tonight at 9:00. ABC is also airing something called "LOST: A Journey in Time" at 8:00, which I believe is a recap show. It might be worth watching for a refresher before the finale insanity begins.

For another excellent refresher, Sky.com (British broadcasting) has posted a pictorial review of the entire season, featuring 300 episode stills in an easy to browse flash screen. You should check it out!

I'm trying to wrap my head around what I think might happen tonight, and I'm finding that doing that really hurts. Ha! Will Jack actually succeed in setting off the bomb? I don't think that's possible. A successful detonation of a hydrogen bomb would almost certainly result in the deaths of everyone on the Island, and we know that doesn't happen in 1977. And we all know you can't change what happened, right?

Why did Richard tell Jin that he saw her friends die? Perhaps whatever "event" occurs, whether it's the bomb or the digging at The Swan, perhaps that incident causes Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Juliet, Jin, Hurley and Miles to be sent back to the present day, and in the confusion Richard assumes they are killed?

My one big hope is that this finale will bring this chapter of the story to an end, that we will stop having to straddle 3 decades between the two groups and that everyone will wind up in the same time and space for the final season.

Oh, and I'd like to see Desmond back on my screen, thank you!

No comments: