6.24.2001

Whoa! Three days since my last entry? Jeepers. Funny how time slips away.

Friday was a complete wash, as was yesterday. I spent the workday on Friday on the road and then spent the evening at my Uncle Pete's. Yesterday I went to my cousin's daughter's high school graduation party. Cripes, it seems not so long ago that all the cousins were going to each other's graduation parties. It was a nice day, despite the occasional torrential downpours. Megan is a lovely young girl and I wish her all the best.

The rest of the evening was devoted to visiting my sick father. He was diagnosed with Lyme disease this week and was in so much pain yesterday that he couldn't stand. He has severe joint pain in his left hip and knee, the poor thing. So, we brought him some ice cream and sat around yacking for a couple of hours. There's not much he can do but take his pills and ride this thing out. I hope he's not laid up for too much longer.

Well, the weekend is just about over, which means I have to start preparing myself mentally for the return to work. To that end I will proceed immediately to the couch, where I will veg in front of the TV and probably indulge in a snooze.

No comments: