8.08.2001

Hot enough for ya??

Good L O R D! For once in my life I am rushing to get to work in the morning and taking my time leaving at the end of the day. I find myself looking for places to stop on the way home so I can sit as long as possible in air-conditioned bliss in my truck. The heat is so oppressive in my apartment in the early evening that anyone who happened to stop by would think that they had arrived at the scene of a Jonestown-like suicide pact, what with all the bodies (animal and human) strewn about the place. Things cooled off a tiny bit by the time I went to bed, where I was actually able to lay a sheet on top of me, feet exposed, of course.

I'm getting my hair done this afternoon - cut and 'chunky' highlights. I need to try to keep some perspective, though, and not let this heat lead me to something drastic, like chopping all my hair off. Wish me luck!

No comments: