8.06.2001

I'm still alive...kinda.

What a whirlwind the past week has been. I have to apologize for my disappearance. 5 days! Oops.

My mother finally moved in with us this weekend. I feel like I've been preparing for this all summer long. I guess I have. I took last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off of work and did some preliminary packing/cleaning at her apartment, as well as lining up a storage unit and U-Haul truck. I didn't think my body could take the punishment I gave it this weekend - not only were we moving her out of a second story apartment, it was also about 95 degrees out, with off-the-scale humidity. However, despite a couple of broken fingernails, a nearly broken toe, various bruises and a body so achy that I'm walking like I've got a stick up my a**, I'm doing pretty good today.

Now it's time to look forward to next week's trip to Vancouver. If ever there was a time I needed to get away, this it it!

No comments: