7.15.2002

*yawn*

Good morning. Monday. The start of another week. Or in my case, just the day after yesterday, and the one before tomorrow.

I'm feeling sort of oogy this morning. I had a great deal of trouble falling asleep last night; the last time I looked at the clock it ws 4:00 A.M., and I was still awake for a while after that. I would still be sleeping now, but our landlord called at 7:50 A.M. to let us know that her son and his friend would be coming by to water seal the deck. They arrived a few minutes later and I helped to take all the furniture, plants, etc. out of their way. And I warned them about the bees.

Anyway, after less than 4 hours of sleep I feel hungover, but denied the good time that usually makes the hangover worth it. And since I had a real hangover yesterday, I kind of wanted to feel better today.

I hope you all had a good weekend. My birthday sort of extended into Saturday, which was nice. Sheila and I drove out to Rhode Island to spend the day with Mary, the kids, and our mother. Traffic was atrocious, so we didn't get back here until 8:00 P.M., which gave us just about an hour before we had to freshen up and head out to Anna Liffey's for some live music and birthday beer.

Now I find myself getting ready for my vacation - 2 weeks up at our house in Maine. The first week, Marty and I will have the place to ourselves; then the rest of the gang arrives on the 26/27th, including my brother Tommy, two of his friends, Sheila, Mary, Craig and the kids. Packed house! I'm really looking forward to it, though. I need a break from all of this rest and relaxation.

No comments: