6.11.2003

Well, I managed to watch the entire Tony Awards ceremony on Sunday night. Well, kinda watched - I sat at my computer in the other room, with a clear vantage point of the TV. The truly talented (and delicious) Hugh Jackman was great, I thought, and I only had to mute it during the acceptance speeches (with a few notable exceptions like the first winners, the gay couple who kissed onstage, and Vanessa Redgrave and Brian Dennehy - I get all embarrassed for them when the band starts to play them off the stage). I caught a bit of Conan's monologue tonight on Comedy Central. He made reference to some viewers protesting to CBS over the aforementioned gay kiss; which really surprised him, he said, because he "didn't think straight people watched the Tonys." Hehe.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure I saw Colleen on TV, giving Bernadette Peters a much-deserved standing ovation. Almost as good as being there ;).

No comments: