11.03.2003

Rambling

So, I finally went to the doctor today. I was feeling pretty crappy on Friday afternoon, but spent much of Saturday either sleeping in my bed or reclined on the couch (when I wasn't chasing a wild goose, but more on that later), and thus felt much better yesterday. No coughing, a relatively clear head - I finally beat this thing. Or so I thought, until I woke up this morning and was back to crappy. I don't think the P.A. I saw really knew for sure whether this is viral or bacterial, but he put me on a Z-Pack, just in case. Hopefully, I'll be done with this soon.

The party on Friday night was fun. This was Mike and Dana's 15th annual costume party. The crowd was pretty small this year, though, I think because they've moved to a town that's fairly far from most of their friends in the big city. Sheila and I were a big hit (photos forthcoming), especially our big blue hair. Liza and David Gest were there, but David didn't have bruises about the head, as I thought he should. Dana was Anna Nicole Smith and Mike was Roy, complete with gaping wound on the neck and a tiger beanie baby clipped to his collar; ironically, Sigfreid couldn't make it to the party because he cut off a portion of his finger the day before, while chopping carrots.

Saturday was a comedy of errors. When I got home early Saturday morning from the party (2:00), I realized I had left my purse at M&D's. I called them at 12:00 and said I would come and get it; Dana said she could drop it off for me, since she was going to be in our general area later in the day. First, though, she said they were going to a tag sale. I told her she didn't have to do that, she said she would call me when they got back from the tag sale, but also that if I decided to come and get it in the meantime, her doors were unlocked. I decided to go and get it in the meantime.

I called their house at about 3:00 and there was no answer. I left a message on their answering machine, telling them I was coming, and headed out. They live about a half hour away. I got there and still no one was home, so I found my way in and, much to my disappointment, my pocketbook was not there. Back home. A little while later, Dana calls to say she is 15 minutes away and will be dropping off my bag. Cool, since I needed my wallet and debit card to do a little shopping. Finally, I get my bag and head back out. My first stop: the video store. I pick out "Hollywood Homicide", "Hulk" and "28 Days Later". At the register, I realize that my debit card is not in my wallet, never had been, as a matter of fact; all along it had been in the pocket of the pants I wore the day before, which of course were in the dirty clothes in my room. Back home again.

I was ultimately able to get all that I needed, but oy! What a day.

No comments: