12.21.2003

Fa La La La La

I finally went Christmas shopping today, and I managed to get all of it done. I even wrote out all of my cards tonight. While doing my laundry. Productivity is exhausting.

Right now I'm watching the most bizarre, revisionist Rankin & Bass Christmas special - I think it's called "Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July". There's a very scary Winter king who rides in a sleigh pulled by snakes; Ethel Merman as a wild west ringmaster of the "Circus by the Sea"; Frosty and his wife and kids are about to melt if they don't get out of a seaside town before the last firework goes off (it's the Fourth of July, of all things); and Rudolph has somehow made friends with an ice cream man named Milton who flies around in a hot air balloon. Oh, and there's an evil reindeer named Scratcher, who was living in a rundown hotel (apparently in the skid row section of the North Pole) and not paying his rent according to the sleazy landlord, before the Winter King hired him to corrupt Rudolph. Someone at Rankin & Bass was taking some serious drugs.

No comments: