12.23.2003

"RotK EE Rumored 'longer than 4 hours and 50 min'".

Holy SoreBottom!

I saw ROTK last night. Just exquisite. Here's what I wrote in an e-mail last night (easier than thinking of something else to say here, lol): I do not exaggerate when I say I cried for just about the entire last hour. To see the struggles, the defeats, and the victories finally fully realized on the screen - what a payoff. Just stunning. How lucky Tolkien fans are to have had someone like Peter Jackson, who loves the material (and especially the characters) as much as they do, as the creative force behind these movies. I can't wait to see it again. Actually, I can't wait until I can sit and watch all three together, as one complete work.

I have to add that Howard Shore's score was astounding, one of the things that stuck with me after the film was over.

I'm hoping the ROTK EE will have some of the House of Healing and the relationship between Faramir and Eowyn as well as Saruman's final scene. Funny, I found that I didn't miss the scouring of the Shire at all. Which is good, since Jackson never filmed it (it was his least favorite part of the book). How about continuing the discussion in the comments, so as not to spoil? What were your favorite parts?

No comments: