2.13.2004

'Friends': The most overrated comedy ever - Feb. 12, 2004: "Even so, I have a modest proposal. I'd like to suggest that not only isn't 'Friends' the 'best comedy ever' (as NBC claimed before wisely recanting) ... it isn't even close. "

As harsh as this quote may sound, the article on the whole isn't; I completely agree with is assessment of the show. I stopped watching a few years ago because 1) it stopped being funny (although I heard they made a bit of a comeback in that area since) and 2) I felt the entire scenario and the characters had been played out. It is a sweet, funny show that has made practical icons out of its stars, but it doesn't come close to the all-time greats like Lucy, All in the Family, Cheers, Seinfeld and Frasier (some of my favorites). I'm sad to say I most probably will not watch the finale or that "reunion" thing they have coming up. I just don't care about that show anymore, and haven't for a very long time. I say stop paying so much attention to them and start giving the Frasier folks the send-off they deserve! (How sad is it that you can watch a retrospective of Frasier on VH-1 , of all places, but can't even find the show itself on its own network??

No comments: