5.27.2008

Awwwww, SH*T!


Oh Sh*t again!, originally uploaded by gina64.

We did some whitewater rafting on Friday and I had a really great time, as you can see by the look on my face. (I'm in the front, on the right)

Actually, I really did have a great time, despite being the only person from to fall off the raft. Well, "ejected from" the raft would be a better way to put it. It happened upriver from this shot, while going through a much easier rapid called Pinball. We hit a rock and the raft stopped and I kept going, landing on the rock. I was only in the water for about a minute before a raft that was behind us picked me up. When we caught up with my raft I transferred over. It seemed like it took forever, but all in all it probably took only 5 minutes.

The most humiliating part (besides all of the people laughing at me!), was being pulled from the water and sent flopping to the bottom of the raft. All I could think was, "God, I hope my pants haven't fallen down."

Thankfully, I managed to stay in the raft through Zoar Gap, even though we got stuck:

Where'd the raft go?!

For more rafting photos, check out my Flickr set.

No comments: