5.20.2008

Two trips down, only one more to go!


05-19-2008 1091, originally uploaded by gina64.

I went to Nashville last weekend for my cousin's wedding and had a great time. I had never been there before and while I'm not a big fan of country music, I really liked the city and had a great time sitting in bars like Legends Corner and the nasty, crowded dive bar Paradise Park listening to local bands and drinking a LOT of beer. Or lazily browsing through Ernest Tubb's Record Shop and the Charlie Daniels Museum and Souvenir shop and listening to live music pouring from open doorways on Broadway at all times of the day.

We ate at Big River Brewing Company, where I had "Low Country Shrimp and Cheesy Grits" and at Rippy's, where I had the 6-rib portion of BBQ'd ribs. And the reason we were in Nashville, Karen's wedding, was lovely and it was wonderful to see the whole family again.

Here are some photos from the trip. I will also be posting more photos from New Orleans, but probably not until next week. I go away AGAIN on Thursday for an annual camping trip to Mohawk Trail State Forest. And we're white-water rafting on the Deerfield River on Friday! Yay! It's going to be freezing, but Yay! I'll be back on Monday, with even more photos to post.

Oh, and I watched LOST last night - wow! I'll try to post something later today.

Anyway, photos...

Rippy's ribs with beans, cole slaw and corn cakes.

Legends

Legends

05-19-2008 046

No comments: