10.28.2009

Drive Thru Reviews

I watched a bunch of 2-year-old movies when I was home sick yesterday.

Waitress - Sweet, quirky romantic comedy that I really enjoyed, starring Kerri Russell and my boy Nathan Fillion. Sad footnote: Adrienne Shelley, who wrote, directed and co-starred in the film, was murdered before it was released.

Death At A Funeral - I haven't been so disappointed in a movie in a very long time. If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know I have a healthy appreciation for British humor, but this movie? Not funny. I actually almost turned it off halfway through, and I NEVER do that.

Dan In Real Life - Another family/romantic comedy, no new ground covered here, but very enjoyable. I think Juliette Binoche as the love interest helped to elevate things, and of course I love Steve Carrell.

No comments: