10.22.2009

Modern Family

Modern Family is the first new comedy I have watched in, oh God, years. No, wait, I started watching the Kelsey Grammer/Patricia Heaton show "Back To You", which, well, that didn't end so well, did it?

Anyway, Modern Family...Great show! It's like if Arrested Development and The Office had a baby. A baby that is more politically correct, granted, and definitely less batshit crazy than the Bluths (something I miss), but MF owes a great debt to both of those shows.

My favorite character: Little 11-yr-old Manny, the wise-beyond-his-years, coffee-drinking, ultra-sensitive, most mature character on the show, is the step-son of the Pritchett patriarch Jay. The actor who plays him is perfect.

Honorable mention for favorite: Cam. Watch him here, in the football getup:



My least favorite right now: Phil. While he seemed to have a moment or two of normalcy last night, overall he's a bit too buffoonish for me. And pretty annoying.

That's the only complaint I have, though. You should check it out!

No comments: