11.19.2009

TV Talk: A re-assessment and a couple of re-affirmations.

V - This week's episode was so much better than the previous that it renewed my interest to the point that I actually can't wait until next week. That's amazing considering I was ready to give it up altogether a week ago. Even the reveal of Lisa being Anna's daughter and their implied plans for Tyler has made the "rebellious teenage son" storyline palatable. All it took was some good writing, better pacing and a plot that move forward. Of course, now that it's getting good there's only one episode left until the show goes on hiatus until March of next year. I hope the new showrunner is able to continue with the increase in quality, and then some.

Tuesday's episode of Sons of Anarchy was the best of the series so far (I know! I keep saying that!), and that is saying something. It was all about coming clean, with Gemma getting the ball rolling last week with her sit-down with Clay and Jax (I won't say what they talked about, in case you haven't seen the show). It was as if her courage, her willingness to bare her soul and risk injury to her pride, set an example for the rest of the Club, as secrets were spilled and enemies faced and revenge was taken in the most surprising of ways. Please watch this show.

Modern Family continues to be my favorite new show. Last night's episode was laugh out loud funny: I loved Manny drinking his espresso and getting spritzed in the face by Jay, Phil's list of gifts he wants and Mitchell and Cam burping Sal, and -- Oh, don't take my word for it, just watch it!

No comments: