11.17.2009

TV Talk: They're making their lists already.

With the end of the 00's fast approaching, a lot of television critics and pop culture aficionados have gotten a head start on compiling their "Best of the Decade" lists. The Onion's A.V. Club has theirs, including a list of the best TV series of the past ten years. It's a great list, but I was a little shocked that, while I feel like I watch a lot of TV, I've only seen 13 of the 30 shows (not even half! although those 13 are my favorites). For a few of them (Six Feet Under, Dexter and The West Wing), my interest (and/or ability to watch) waned before they wrapped up.

Of the shows that I haven't seen, The Wire (#1) and Mad Men (#5) are definitely on my Watch-on-DVD-Next-Summer List (I don't have the time I'd like to dedicate to it until summer), Breaking Bad and Venture Bros. intrigue me, and I may eventually check them out, but I'm OK with missing the rest.

How about you? How many on this list have you seen? Were there any shows that you feel were overlooked?

No comments: