12.28.2009

The Great LOST Rewatch



Guess what I got for Christmas? All 5 seasons of LOST!! Thank you, Sheila!!

It's a pipe dream, I know, but I am going to try my best to watch them all before Feb. 2. Impossible, yes, but I'll have a good time trying. The Great LOST Rewatch began yesterday, when I managed to knock off the first 8 episodes while archiving photos and doing laundry. I hadn't seen the Pilot since it first aired, and a few things stood out for me:

1. Jack trying to save everyone - well established right off the bat.
2. The first 2 words out of Michael's mouth: "WALT! WALT!" Ha!
3. The music really stands out, and it continued as a character throughout the series run
4. Sayid: "You think they would have come by now." Oh, Sayid, you have no idea.
5. One of the moments that really nailed the show's tone: When Kate is removing a dead person's boots and Locke smiles at her with the orange peel in his mouth. When I watched that, I remembered thinking, "What the hell is this show?" In a good way.
6. I remembered how much I didn't really care for Shannon or Boone.

Mostly, re-watching the Pilot proved that among the many things that make LOST such a great show, the characters are probably the most important. They arrive in the Pilot almost fully formed, and are acted so well.

Only 91 more episodes to go. I'd better get crackin'!

No comments: