2.11.2001

Here I am, on the back end of another weekend. And amazingly enough, there is no snow in sight! Well, at least there isn't any falling from the sky. I have a list of good intentions for the day - laundry, site updates, some X-Files related writing - I'll let you know later how much I actually accomplish today.

I've been torn about whether or not I want to see "Hannibal". Wait, that's not exactly true. I'm pretty sure I don't want to see it, I just need to stay strong against the hype machine. Silence of the Lambs was a damn near perfect movie, except for the very last scene, when a very dapper-looking Hannibal Lecter tells Clarice that he'll be "having someone for dinner." As the audience cheered at the notion of Lecter brutally murdering and then eating someone, I thought to myself, "Um, excuse me, this man is not the hero of this movie." I have not read Hannibal the book (although I have read both Red Dragon and The Silence of the Lambs), and I know nothing about the plot of the film, but from what I have read about it thus far, I get the feeling that the portrayal of Hannibal picks right up from that last telephone call scene with Clarice. No thanks. Maybe I'll rent it someday.

In a continuing serial killer/grisly crime theme (lovely, the things I'm interested in)... read how drama on PBS, in this case "Mystery", isn't just about corsets and castles. Mmm, I love that Dave Creegan.

I went to the mall yesterday and was of course assaulted at every turn by some marketing expert's notion of Valentine's Day. The best had to be the "love" section in Spencer Gifts, LOL. "Booby Oil", "Bondage Starter Kit", "Comfy Cuffs", edible condoms, oh all sorts of "romantic" stuff. We were in hysterics.

No comments: