2.04.2001

The Hubble telescope has captured the spectacularly beautiful death of another star. "By observing sun-like stars such as this one as they approach their deaths, astronomers are beginning to discover that our sun's fate probably will be more interesting, complex, and striking than previously imagined, according to the Space Telescope Science Institute." What a shame it is that the Earth will very likely be ripped apart when it happens. It'd be nice to get pictures.

Tonight's X-Files episode "The Gift" (2 gifts in one day!) represented the start of the much ballyhooed return of Agent Mulder. He hasn't in fact returned yet, but the story, told in part in flashback, expanded a bit on some seeds that were planted at the beginning of this season regarding his disappearance. All I can say right now is, I really hope that Doggett does not know how he was brought back to life. I'm sure there will be post-episode chatter to link to later on this week.

My first blog day is done. What have I learned today? I learned how to insert line breaks, how to italicize, how to bold my links, how to insert my e-mail link, and most importantly I learned not to tempt fate by telling all my family and friends how immune to sickness I had become after not having had a sick day since last June. *cough* That's what I get.

No comments: