7.26.2001

Monkey Business

Rule the Planet 7.27.01

Tomorrow is opening day of the new Planet of the Apes movie. Woohoo! I am really excited about this. The original movie is a favorite of mine because it brings with it memories of watching it alongside my father, several times. That, and I just think it's cool. Description of the new movie from the official site:

Planet of the Apes depicts an upside down world - a brutal, primal place where apes are in charge and humans scavenge for subsistence, hunted and enslaved by the tyrannical primates. The sudden appearance of one man, alien to the present order and unaffected by its oppression, serves as a challenge to the status quo and a catalyst for revolutionary social change.

Sounds like the old one. Aside from having seen the original film, I'm spoiler-free. I saw something online today, at abcnews.com, I think, that the ending has been leaked. Why? I just don't understand. I'll be interested in seeing what Tim Burton has done with this story. I am a huge fan of his, and have yet to be disappointed with anything he's done. Well, not seriously disappointed.

Check out Project A.P.E. if you get the chance. Looks like some neat bit of marketing on the part of the film's studio (there is a link to Project A.P.E. from the official site).

And in a related story...cheeky monkey!

No comments: