7.16.2001

Wild & Wooly

Woo! What a weekend. I made up for my lame-o birthday night in grand fashion on Friday, an evening that included such drunken antics as dancing on tables in a cowboy hat and giving my telephone number to a 28-year-old Yale PhD candidate with freckles on his face. Many photos were taken, some of which I may even post here, if Sheila's extortion price isn't too high.

Everything is a blur from that night on...Mary and the kids came to stay the weekend and we did the mall thing and the amusement park thing on Saturday. The night was capped off with an overnight visit from our cousin, Karen. Finally, yesterday was the Jack and Jill Bridal Shower/Luncheon/Brunch for my brother Tommy and his fiance Stacey, who just arrived from Florida. It was wonderful to see them after so long, and the food was awesome. I had plates and plates of shrimp and clams on the half shell - even the cocktail sauce was to die for. I finished off the meal with a big ole warm Belgian waffle covered in raspberry sauce and real whipped cream. I'm sure you can imagine how I felt by the time I got home! I went for a nap at around 6:00 and slept for too long - I ended up not falling asleep later until after 2:00 A.M.

And now it's Monday, I'm at work, and I'm a wreck, at least physically. Just a few more hours to go...

No comments: