7.25.2001

What the...

I just finished reading an article about the end of The Hunger Site (linked to from this page, right). I had no idea this was happening. What a shame that a charity that "attracted about 600,000 visitors a day and brought in more than $4 million in donations for the U.N. World Food Program" has become yet another victim of the dot.com backlash.

Confession time... Since today is the 25th, and the AP article is dated July 21, I suppose it's pretty obvious that I haven't been making my daily visits to The Hunger Site, at least not since July 21. I did go within the last week, though, I swear! I just clicked on my link and this is what I got:

The Hunger Site is undergoing routine maintenance. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you!

Maybe they're hoping they won't have to stay closed forever?

No comments: