10.22.2001

A friend indeed.

OK, this is embarrassing. Quite a few years ago, say when I was around 30, a bunch of us spent a week at our cabin in Maine - me, my sisters, brother, a cousin and a friend. We were sitting around playing cards one night and after a few hours and quite a lot of beer, the conversation turned to the show, "Friends". Since there were six of us, it became necessary to decide which friend best described each person present. For reasons I still don't understand, it was determined that I "was" Chandler. Chandler! A guy! Hmph.

Well, the burden of being the Chandler of the group has at last been lifted. According to Emode, my inner friend is Rachel:

She's everybody's sweetheart, despite some (mostly) endearing quirks. And it looks like you too, have a little Rachel Green inside you. (If you're lucky, you might share her good looks too). Some may see you as a little spoiled, or at times naive. But overall you're a total doll. Like the real Rachel, you make your way in the world, figuring it out as you go.

Sometimes your story-book ideals of how things should turn out keep you from taking life as it comes, but that lovable vulnerability just makes people feel closer to you. You have true compassion, an idiosyncratic side your friends delight in—and, of course, great taste. Reminder, o charming one: People love it when you call them "hun."
Now excuse me while I go find out what my theme song is.


No comments: