10.01.2001

On the Dole.

Well not quite yet, but soon. I officially join the ranks of the unemployed today. I suppose now I really will have no excuse if this site isn't updated every day, huh?

My final week at the Firm was strange. I was insanely busy. So busy that I didn't have the time to properly say goodbye to many people there. Then again, I wonder if there is a proper way to say goodbye after 15 years. A bunch of us went and got drunk on Friday night. I suppose that was as proper a goodbye as any. I went back into the office on Saturday for 4 or 5 hours, to clean up, pack, organize and finally have a good cry.

The new job search has stalled. I've sent out just under twenty resumes and have only heard back from four. I really only have one lead and it's an iffy one. Of course, the timing couldn't be much worse - the economy is in the toilet, companies are in a holding pattern and we're on the verge of war. It may be time to polish up those waitressing skills.

No comments: