11.11.2001

X-Files Season Premiere

John Doggett
image courtesy thexfiles.com

Tonight is the season premiere, finally, of The X-Files, which is entering into its ninth season. "Nothing Important Happened Today" is the first episode of a two-parter and from what I hear it picks up the action just a couple of days after last season's finale. This premiere is a relative non-event for me compared with previous X-Files season-starters, but I am still anxious to see what will happen. It's not the same show anymore and I've set my expectations accordingly. It will never be what it once was for me, but I still find enjoyment in the characters and storylines, which is more than can be said about most television shows.

Speaking of what I "get out" of The X-Files, I'm going to try to pick writing my reviews of episodes this week, starting with last season's two-part season finale and tonight's episode. For some reason I haven't wanted to return to the finale episodes or even the notes I took way back when; that may be due to the fact that they left me feeling sort of, "Huh?" Perhaps tonight's episode will provide me with a lens through which I can revisit them and maybe even make some sort of sense out of them. Perhaps.

If you'll be watching, enjoy!

No comments: