8.12.2002

Alright, I admit it - I watched it. The first episode only. I haven't seen last night's episode, the second of the series, and I'm not sure I want to. Anna Nicole Smith is just not interesting enough to be funny or, well, interesting. She's just pathetic. Why I don't find Ozzy Osbourne pathetic, I'm not sure; maybe it's because he at least has/had talent and is surrounded by people he loves and who love him. Smith is just a zaftig caricature of a caricature - the brainless blonde bombshell and her remora-like entourage. And watching her slurring her way through portions of the show, obviously either high as a kite or, just as likely, faking it, makes me uncomfortable. And so I'll probably watch it again, lol.

A couple of articles on the show:

Slate article.
Salon article.

No comments: