8.28.2002

Back and Rambling

What's today? Wednesday? Jesus, I was thinking all morning that it was Tuesday.

Got back from our camping trip mid-Monday, and it pretty much took me until this morning to recover. Sucks getting old. Last night was my first good night's sleep since before the weekend, and it worked wonders.

It was a great weekend and I will post pictures from the trip as soon as I get them developed. It was the first camping trip for the kids, and they loved every minute of it. Especially the dirt part. Our site was covered in what I wouldn't really categorize as sand, but more like ash. It absolutely coated anything it came into contact with. I haven't been that filthy in years.

We had very little wildlife interaction. The only encounter was with a skunk who was moseying around the perimeter of our site late one night. We apparently weren't all that interesting to him, so he just wandered off into the woods. There was an animal who had a bit more success - we suspect a squirrel - with looting our site. We came back from an outing to find an empty Hostess Donuts box on the ground. I half expected to spy a squirrel with a tell-tale powdered sugar mustache.

Holly and Krys turned me on to Geocaching and Letterboxing this weekend - we hunted down a cache and a letterbox in the vicinity of the campground. Lots of fun. And a great way to get some exercise. If I owned a GPS I would probably be out there right now, on the hunt. Maybe I can borrow my father's, now that his boat is out of commission...

Anyway, good to back. Sort of. Money worries have me a little bit on edge, so to speak, but I think things will start to fall into place soon enough.

No comments: