8.17.2004

It's one of those perfect days today - clear blue skies, little to no humidity, 77 degrees - which means I must be inside, and at work. And since there is a chance of thunderstorms for the next four days and our lawn is already creeping up to our knees, I guess I'll be doing a little yard work when I get home.

The weekend was pretty good. The brownies and cream puff ring were both a big hit, although I never got to taste them myself. Too busy filling up on beer, I suppose. I watched a couple of movies on Sunday (my first 2 Netflix rentals - I caved and I think I'm going to be glad I did): "13 Going On 30" and "Starsky & Hutch". Really liked the former and not so much the latter. I had finally resigned myself to the fact that one of my favorite dramas from growing up was going to be made fun of, and was ready to sit back and enjoy it as a comedy. Only problem was it wasn't all that funny. There were a couple of scenes that made me laugh out loud (the Korean boy throwing knives and Owen Wilson's reaction to him was one of them), but most of the stuff fell flat for me, even Snoop Dogg as Huggy Bear. I liked hearing the music, seeing the car, the cameos and Vince Vaughn, but I just don't think I get Ben Stiller, at least not anymore. I really don't find him funny and I wish he would just go away.

I also got back to my PS2, after being away from it for over a month after finishing the X-Files game. I'm on to Alias now, and I managed to get out of the basement last night with not too much trouble. What with the show not returning until early 2005, I may want to drag this game out a bit. Not a chance. I've got Splinter Cell waiting for me.


No comments: