10.13.2005

Bye-Bye VCR

And it's probably cheaper than a DVR: "In addition to music videos, the iTunes Music Store also features select Disney and ABC television shows, ready to download. For $1.99, you can own the latest episode just one day after it airs. With full seasons of Lost, Desperate Housewives and That's So Raven, plus episodes of new shows like Night Stalker and The Suite Life of Zack & Cody at your fingertips, you'll never miss your favorites. Plus, you can sync shows to the new iPod and watch them on the go. Just try that with your big-screen TV."

I'm a lazy bastard and I would definitely be willing to shell out $1.99 to watch LOST or Alias again and not have to deal with taping it and making sure I have a blank tape, etc. Just sit down in front of the computer and watch. Awesome.

ETA: I downloaded iTunes last night and opened an account. I purchased Wednesday's LOST episode this morning. It took about 20 minutes to download and the file size is 191 MB. Not too bad. I watched a small portion before leaving for work, and the quality is decent, too. I can archive it to CD and keep it forever, too. This is great. Now if Apple can strike up deals with the makers of Alias, Arrested Development and Battlestar Galactica, I will be all set.

No comments: