12.28.2006

Ho. Ho. Ho.


Ho Ho Ho, originally uploaded by gina64.

Apologies to my 3 loyal readers for such a long absence but this holiday has been very...distracting, to say the least. Our Christmas was, let's say, marred by a dysfunctional branch of the family. After getting back home and regrouping later on Christmas Day, I was looking forward to a quiet, lazy week at work. You know, blog a little, Flickr a little, maybe even work a little.

Unfortunately one of my co-workers undermined my slacking plans by having the nerve to fall down some stairs on Christmas Eve and break her leg. And she couldn't just break it normally, oh no, she had to go all the way and suffer a severe compound fracture to her lower leg, requiring the insertion of a metal rod. So now I find myself not only having to actually work, but doing double duty for probably a couple of months. Thanks a lot, Hazel!

Seriously, though, I feel so bad for her and I hope she is up and around sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, I'm a busy girl. I'll try not to let that get in the way of what I do here, but I can't make any promises.

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought my holidays were hectic, but being in the hospital with a compound leg break, jeepers. Merry Christmas to her! Hope you are not too swamped. I am looking forward to the shows starting up again, and of course, reading your summaries/opinions!

gina said...

Thanks, guys!

And Beth, I look forward to the shows starting up again, too! And my New Year's resolution is to be more timely and diligent in my posting/recapping duties :)