3.06.2001

I don't know if it's a morbid fascination of mine, or simply the desire to learn more about the scientific aspect of crime-solving (or likely a combination of both), but I love watching all those forensic investigation shows on the Discovery Channel. Check out Discovery's New Detectives and FBI Files web site. Features include microscopic images of blood, sperm and saliva; links to the FBI's Most Wanted List, Interpol and the Secret Service; and a behind-the-scenes FAQ.

Under the heading of Just Plain Freaky, I give you this, from today's Nothing Personal colum at Salon.com:

Hey, guess what? Psychic Uri Geller can not only bend spoons with his mind, he can bend Michael Jackson as well.

"He is very humble and shy," Geller says of Jacko in an interview with the U.K. Telegraph. "When he walks into the room, he almost bows to me."

Bowing aside, Jackson will stand up for Geller as his best man when the psychic and his wife renew their vows on Wednesday on the grounds of his estate outside London.

And while Geller calls Jackson's wedding role a "spur of the moment" decision, the two men have been buddies for three and a half years. They met through Mohamed Fayed (owner of Harrods and father of the late Dodi) and bonded over spoon-bending.

"He wants to learn about the mysteries of the universe, and so do I," Geller says.

They also have the universe's ridicule in common. "People have said that my psychic powers are nonsense, that I use laser beams," Geller tells the paper. "There is no doubt that all the allegations made against Michael are equally false."

But even Geller admits that friendship has its limits. "As far as his face goes ... I wish he wouldn't do it," he says of his buddy's penchant for plastic surgery. "I have told him not to wear that mask, but there are some things you cannot say."

Well, can't he tell him telepathically?


Tomorrow I will be returning to work after 2 glorious snow days. Guilt-free time away from work - thank you, Mother Nature. Of course, I'll be cursing her when I'm playing catch-up, but that's the price one pays, I suppose.



No comments: