3.26.2001

When I went to take a shower yesterday morning, I opened the shower curtain to find about 2 inches of water still in the tub from the night before. I had filled it the previous night to shave my legs before going out, and now it seemed that the drain was clogged. I mean *clogged*. This happens periodically, and it did seem to be draining slower lately, but this was sort of abrupt. I unscrewed the drain cover and started plunging, to see if I could get whatever it was in there to loosen up enough to drain the standing water so I could pour in the Crystal Drano. I was so aggravated - I needed to get showered and out the door or I would be late in picking my mother up. I plunged and plunged and plunged, but to no avail - whatever it was wasn't budging. So, I got a big cup and started bailing.

After about 10 minutes of scooping and dumping (and spilling dirty bathwater all over the bathroom) I managed to get just about all of the water out of the tub. I poured the Drano into the drain and left the bathroom, closing the door behind me. Sheila and I were talking about how quickly the drain got clogged and how thoroughly clogged it was when I was struck with a thought... while she had her back turned to play on the computer, I got up and walked back to the bathroom, peeked around the corner and was faced with confirmation of my idiocy - the reason there was still 2 inches of water in the tub was that I didn't unstop the drain after shaving. A half hour of my life down the drain (sorry).

Thank God it didn't get as far as a call to the plumber.

No comments: