4.05.2001

As I was passing the kitchen door last night, I noticed that the motion-activated light was on out on the deck. That always spooks me. I walked over to door to look outside and there was half of my garbage, strewn across the deck. I looked around, figuring I'd scared off a raccoon, and then I saw her - the prettiest little black cat. I tapped on the window and she looked up at me and then ran away down the stairs. I should have put some food out on the porch for her, but all the usual excuses came into my head... once I start feeding her she'll be mine and I already have 2 old cats and who wants to be a single woman living in an apartment with her sister and 3 cats and besides Winnie would not abide another cat in the house, and... I never did put food out for her and now I feel like a complete sh*t. I'm pretty sure she belongs to the farm next door, but I'll keep my out for her in the future.

No comments: