4.28.2001

Oh, I feel old tonight.

Don't get me wrong. I know that, in the greater scheme of things, I am not old. This is just one of those times when circumstance revealed my true age to me. I chose not to go out tonight, to stay home and relax and watch, you guessed it, TV. Not so unusual for me, no. But I didn't just watch any old TV - I watched A&E's Live by Request with The Bee Gees. Two whole hours and I sang along with every song. The camera panned the crowd, and as I jokingly noted all the "old" white people gettin' down to "Jive Talkin' ", I realized they were me. Or I was them. However you say it, the point was driven home to me when I got up off my lazy butt during a commercial break and my leg almost went out from under me as my hip gave way.

Come hell or high water, as God is my witness, I shall hit the town tomorrow night if it kills me.

No comments: