1.05.2002

Sicko.

Apologies for deserting you all these past couple of days, but I've been wallowing in sickly misery, happy to have my mother here to treat me like the baby I am when sick. I watched a couple of movies while lying around the house, one of which surprised me in how much I liked it - Moulin Rouge. I had heard it was a love-it-or-hate-it sort of movie, and from all appearances I thought I would hate it. The chaotic musical number that introduces the nightclub that was the Moulin Rouge seemed to have confirmed my suspicions, but things soon settled down and I was completely pulled into the love story. I am not a fan of opera, but the word that comes to mind when trying to describe the way emotions were depicted is operatic. Grand and operatic. So much so that despite knowing from the very beginning how the film ends, I was still affected by the outcome. Thumbs up.

No comments: