4.18.2002

thursday thoughts

The weather has been scorchingly hot in these parts the past couple of days, and today is no different, about 85. That's a bit cooler than the 90s we had yesterday and the day before, but they're still mutant temps for April in Connecticut.

The cloud of disappointment that was hanging over me yesterday has actually lifted a bit today, which I suppose says a lot about my ability to feel anything too deeply, lol. My ego and self-confidence have taken a hit, no doubt about that, but in the grand scheme of things my life hasn't changed all that much. Just my plans for it. For now.

With all of the sunshine and warm weather we've had, Spring is bursting through everywhere I look. Walking little Marty has become an exercise in stop-and-go as he stops to smell every dandelion while I try to go. The lucky locals will be subjected to the 37th annual appearance of my legs in public as I venture out in shorts for the first time this year on a trip to WalMart. I hope the glare coming off my lily-white legs doesn't cause too many accidents in the parking lot.

I'm wearing the Birkies I bought in Key West, but I can't find my toe ring. Damn.

No comments: